Wednesday 5 August 2015

First Post

When I was very young, my dad shared with me his stamp album that he owned since young. During his youthful days, people were less well-off and stamp collection was a free source of enjoyment. It was his hobby. Now, the passion has been passed on to me.

Times have indeed changed. In our world today, most people prefer to indulge in their handphone or computers for digital media enjoyment. So why stamp collection?

The thing that truly captivates me is the artwork on each and every stamp. My collection began with Asia, before moving on to British Commonwealth and recently to Europe. The more stamps I collect, the more interesting discoveries I made. Each artwork brings along their own historic and cultural meanings. This is how I found myself spending much time reading up countries, cities and cultures which I have never heard of before.

I hope that through this blog, I can share these experiences with everyone out there. 

Thanks for visiting and hope that you will enjoy my posts in the near future!


No comments :

Post a Comment